monkey 1

monkey 1
Needing a glass or After a glass?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Saladini Pilastri 2006

Pregio del Conte.  

This seems to be a red blended wine with no mention of varietal.

Nose: not really aromatic or aromatic enough for me to identify anything...blackberry-ish with a touch of eucalytus?

Color: heading into brick.

Taste: Smooth.  Very light fruit, just a touch of something just barely sweet? - or maybe that was what my capellini w basil marinara & lamb pushed it to be.  Medium finish.

Now that dinner is finished, the wine in my glass is not sweet at all.  Apparently I guessed well at my pairing tonight.  Yippee!

Good thing I liked it.  I have 1 bottle left in my cellar.  I am trying to work my way through the older bottles before they get past their prime.  So far I have been lucky.  There were some that were starting the down slide off the bell curve.  This is probably the last year for this 06.

No comments:

Post a Comment